Thursday, October 29, 2009

Some things heard recently in the Blough house...




The flu hit us early this year...and hit us all.  This gave us a LOT of time to spend stuck in the house together, not that it's a bad thing...but it does tend to make one a bit slap-happy...

Here are a few memorable quotes from our time in quarantine...

After watching the movie Thomas & the Magic Railroad I was channel chasing and came across The Hunt for Red October.  After about 5 minutes of watching Sean Connery running around the sub Caedon turned to me and said, "The Submarine Conductor lost his sparkle didn't he Dad..."  He sure did Caedon...good observation...now let's see what's on Noggin?!?


"You don't look good honey" I said, "you don't have any color this morning."  Brody's response: "Well candy is has a lot of color...can I have some candy?"


"Let's have quiet time guys, daddy's head is really pounding"  The boys response: "Ok Dad...but can we play our drums for quiet time because we already watched a show today."  Sure boys...why not....


"Stop running your truck into your other toys!  If you don't have any respect for your stuff, maybe I should give your toys to some other kids who need them?!"  Response, very graciously:  "Well...you can give them these ones, they're broke."


"Brody, how do you feel this morning buddy?"  "I is still feeling sick....but not if we going to Grandma's...just if we going to school."


"Caedon, does your throat hurt?"  "No Dad...only when I cough...or talk..."


And my favorite...after being up all night with a feverish, kicking and coughing Brody beside me in bed...I asked him, "Did you sleep good last night?"...already knowing that he hadn't.  His response was:

"I think I did..but I don't know why you keep waking me up?  That is mean to wake me up Daddy..."  

Sorry Brody...my body was in the way of your feet, knees and an occasional elbow...how thoughtless of Daddy...

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite blogs ever....love it!!
    Grandma :-)

    ReplyDelete