Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cash in the attic...but no lights on...

After several minutes of one sided argument and conversation as I listened and tried to steer the train in a meaningful direction:

Lady on the phone : "Well I never?!?....what do you mean you can't send me cash through the mail"  

Me:  "No.  I really cannot in good conscience, send you $3000 cash by mail, Maam.  However, I would be glad to wire you the funds or send you a check."  

Lady: "Well heck, if I wanted that I would just drive in and get the money myself!"  

Me:  "Do you live close by Maam?  I'd be glad to let you know a few ATMs that might be close to you."  

Lady:  "Well...I live in Wooster...but it's raining and...well my hair...oh never mind...CLICK". 

I love my job.  I really do.  You get to see people deal with everyday life as a spectator.  At times they even slow down enough to allow you to help them along their way.  Some people just don't have the will or ability to connect their brains to their vocal chords in a way that makes sense to those of us out here in Realityville...


No comments:

Post a Comment