Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring is in the air...

As the last mounds of dirty snow melt into the matted grass I can feel my energy levels starting to get back up to where they should be and my mood getting more sunny and hopeful.

The first flowers of the year are starting to bloom and the kids are itching to get outside at every opportunity.  It was in the 20s last week after an early run of 60+ degree days that teased us before winter's last 4 inches of chill.  But now, according to my smart little phone, it is to be in the 70's by week's end.

I got out of the house around 6:45am this morning for my first jog of the year.  Actually to be honest it was a short sprint followed by a long walk, but hey, it was exercise, fresh air and freedom from the morning rush.  Around 35 pounds to try to shed this year and today is the first day of being a healthier and more energetic husband and father.

The boys are growing and getting more amazing each day.  Caedon watched his first NCAA basketball game yesterday as the Vols lost to the Spartans.  He was cheering on the orange.  He watched the game more closely than I did.  I think my father is finally going to have a sidekick to watch sports with.  I've never been much of a spectator.  I love sports, just not sitting and watching.  As my boys work their way through YMCA this and pee wee that I have a feeling that will change.  

I was stunned this winter watching Caedon play soccer, not by his talent or skills or any of that, by his energy, enthusiasm and sheer joy.  He LOVED being on the court, part of the game and part of a team.  Brody was heartbroken each time the game would start and he would have to climb into the stands.  He is so ready to get out there and play with his brother.  They are much more like peers than their ages would suggest.  Brody will be ready when his turn comes around and I have a feeling the competition will be fierce between the brothers, let alone the opposing teams.

Tanya and I are both ready for some warm weather and activity.  Greyson is a year old now and a smiling and walking toddler with a shotgun for an arm. I think she finally feels like her body belongs to her again now that Grey is officially out of the infant stage.  I'm not sure if I recognize mine anymore, but since nobody else is going to claim it I suppose I had better get it in shape.  

Spring is a fitting time for new beginnings right?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely!! New beginnings are fantastic! A chance to do everything you've wanted to do that, for various reasons, you've been held back from. "New Beginnings" is the theme of my new life. Here's to loving ourselves again! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Rebecca, well said.

    ReplyDelete