Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bring it on...I'm a DAD

I was asked last week if I “could” organize a panel of small to mid-sized credit union CEO’s to sit in at a conference this fall and discuss how they are handling the current regulatory burden put upon us by the powers that be.  My answer; a simple “Yes, of course”.  I think this sort of open discussion is great.  I always walk away from the panels feeling like I have both gained insight and given some advice.  One of the few win-win opportunities left in this “me me me“ world.

This morning it hit me that the professional who asked me to organize this panel of peers asked me not if I was willing to do this, WOULD I…but if I was capable of doing it or COULD I.  Had I consciously considered his real question, my answer would have differed a bit, especially after this morning.

My lovely wife is an RN and as such she on occasion will work the odd hour shift.  This morning that happened to be a very early shift, up and out of the house before any of us were awake.  This left me to get up, shower and get myself ready for work, get my two school aged boys up and ready for school and get the baby up and dressed and ready to go off to spend the morning with Grandma.  Once dressed we all had to get breakfast, find shoes and jackets and then the backpacks for school.  Once that was all complete we had to get loaded in the minivan, making several trips back in to the house to grab a forgotten pair of shoes for the baby.  Then we had to go back in to get a forgotten bunch of silly bands.  Then I had to go back in and grab my coffee and Nalgene bottle of water…all while the rain poured down. 
 
All children were successfully delivered.  All children made it to their destinations with the appropriate accouterments and accessories.  All of them were on time.  No tears were shed.

So…to answer the question more specifically…CAN I get a panel of professional, educated adults in my field of expertise and made up of my peers together in one place and at the same time to discuss a mutually agreed upon topic for an hour…HELL YES I CAN, I’m a DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment