Saturday, January 23, 2010

And then there's Gary Busey.

What a busy year 2010 has turned out to be so far!  I have had no time to sit and digest all that these first 23 days have brought...I will, and then I will write about it.  This morning however as a listen to the sounds of my family slowly awakening, one by one throughout the hall and rooms behind me I think of one thing.  Gary Busey.  Please don't ask me why, I have no answer for you.  I myself do not know when and where the Gary Busey thing started.  Was it Predator?  Point Break?  Whatever it was it was certainly solidified by the short-lived but crazy "I'm with Busey" that Comedy Central produced back in 2003.  At any rate, when life gets crazy...when I think the edges are starting to unravel, I think of Gary Busey.  If God can hold together a basket case like him...there's hope for me too!



"Listen...listen... I could snap your sternum with one blow with my forehead to your chest...I could raise my head up and loosen your teeth... knock you down and grab you by the lip and then pull you up and tell you I'll be right back.  But while we're here we're all looking for the art within ourselves..gravity, inertia, and physics...its like a round robin. I'm cleansing you...in the name of art and everything that art stands for..remember this, art is only the search..its not the final form." -Gary Busey



No comments:

Post a Comment