Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gonna Steal Time from the Faulty Plan...Phish

After years out of the limelight and out of the studio Phish comes back with a set of songs that speak to a generation that is uncomfortable in our own skin as 30 somethings the same way they did when we were 20 somethings showing way too much of our skin...good stuff.  If you have the means to give the new CD "Joy" a listen...do it.  Here are the lyrics of one of the best songs on the disk, "Stealing time from the Faulty Plan."





Got a blank space where my mind should be



Got a Clif Bar and some cold green tea


Got clouds that seem to follow me


Got strange demands piled up on me


Got memories


Memories of being free






Gonna steal time from the faulty plan


Gonna act as though I’m still a man


Gonna give you one last chance to see


Gonna shrug demands off of me


Gonna dream


Dream of being free

No comments:

Post a Comment